Re: LDAP and Active Directory

Hi,

I also don't like the idea of having a critical Service on a M$ Server.
That's why I am looking for a (linux/solaris) workgroup-server as a
replacement for Exchange, that also works with Outlook and which does
user authentication against a ldap or nis directory. I' m not interested
in an email server (this is easily done by sendmail and an imap/pop3
daemon here), but the group collaboration and scheduling service. (I do
not know, if and how Outlook interacts with other group collaboration
servers, as I have just little experience with it.)

Does anybody know something like that (open source, or not), or can you
please point me somewhere, where I can find or ask for that?

Please forgive me, if this mail is off topic.

Dirk Maaß
--
HeJoe GmbH * Neustrelitz * Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
Tel. +49 3981 446120 * 0700 HeJoeGmbH