Re: rootDSE error

Hez Carty wrote:

> to try the management tool that comes with IBM's Secureway LDAP
> implementation.
> [..]
> An error occurred retrieving schema attributes from the server: object
> does not exist.
>
> Error: No naming contexts were found in the rootDSE for this server.

A wild guess: Maybe the management tool does not explicitly request
the namingContexts and subschemaSubentry attributes. OpenLDAP 2 does
not return an attribute of the root DSE if the LDAP client does not
explicitly request it by attribute type name.

> Does this mean that I have hosed the OpenLDAP setup?

Unlikely.

> Or is there a simple workaround for this?

You might need a smarter management tool. ;-)

Ciao, Michael.