Re: subtree replication

I'm not sure I know exactly what you want (likewise the phrasing
on the response you include confuses me a little (is he saying 3
master db's or one master db with 3 slapd.confs)).

I have been working with a distributed/pseudo-partioned system
myself (the master has everything, the slaves are partitions of
the master (but since they are all subtrees within the master I
call the system "pseudo-partioned")).

Master needs the root and the slaves need entries that go as far
as their prefix.  Master also needs N slapd.conf files (one for
each branch of replication).

If master A starts with dc=blah,dc=com and you have two slaves
(B and C) that contain the following subtrees
cn=TreeB,dc=blah,dc=com and cn=TreeC,dc=blah,dc=com
you would need entries up to TreeB and TreeC in the master
(since the prefix is blah,com that would be just adding TreeB
and TreeC under the root), and entries leading to TreeB in slave
B and TreeC in slave C.  Also you need 2 slapd.confs (one
telling TreeB to replicate to slave B and one telling TreeC to
replicate to slave C).

Hope this answer helps.