Re: [Fwd: about your ldap plugins for proftpd]

re,

Kevin J. Menard, Jr. wrote:

Hey Prune,

Tuesday, July 17, 2001, 9:55:04 AM, you wrote:

P> What I want is part of the mail (the old one, full :)

Sorry, don't have it anymore.

I'll send it back to you, just in case...

P> I want to have proftpd authenticate users in Ldap.
P> I want it the way I will not have to put any password in my P> configuration file.

That's quite doable. Look at the directive list.

I already had a look... I also spent some time trying, but I wasn't able to do it the way I want.

P> So, I need to use a bind (maybe what you call authenticated bind) where
P> the user will directly bind to ldap. Not the way it's working now, where P> the manager first bind, then the user.

Correct.

P> Finaly, if it's possible with proftpd, what ACL should I put in ldap...

What LDAP implementation are you using?

Openldap 2.0.8 Proftpd 1.2.2rc3 (latest) with latest mod_ldap

I want to bind users as ftp login correspond to uid, so if I log as user "toto" :

bind dn: uid=toto, ou=users, ou=lecentre.net, dc=lecentre, dc=net

The password is in UserPassword attribut of each user

see past mails...

Thanks again for your help

Prune

--
- le Centre - a Mad Cow Tribe product

(Very uncommon, but we should please everybody anyway, even disturbed minds)