Re: (no subject)

> I have been trying to install OpenLDAP on my suse 7.1 system.
> Unfortunately failure occurs early on in the installation process with
> ./configure which cannot locate pthreads.h

hi David,

I also had that kind of problem and I've set LIBS="-lpthread" without really
understanding what was going on but it helped me out (it's a linking thing I
think but I never know where the linker is searching for this lib...)

But in your case if you really have pthread.h you can also try to do
CPPFLAGS="-I/path/to/pthread.h"; export CPPFLAGS (depends on your shell)

good luck

Jan