Re: ldapsearch return duplicate entries

Rayed Al-Rashed wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a master and slave openldap servers (2.0.11), and I am having a
> problem with my slave server, when I do some of the ldap searches it
> returns some of the entries twice!!
>
> # ldapsearch -L -z0 -h master -b 'dc=example,dc=org' '(objectclass=*)' |
> grep "^dn" | sort | uniq -d
>
> # ldapsearch -L -z0 -h slave  -b 'dc=example,dc=org' '(objectclass=*)' |
> grep "^dn" | sort | uniq -d
>  ... Some duplicate entries ...
>
> Is this behavior normal, and why it doesn't work with both servers!!

It is NOT normal; it is probably related to some database corruption.
It is always hard to trace these corruptions because usually they occur
randomly and when servers are heavily loaded.  If you're able to make it
reproducible you should file an ITS and this will help in tracing
potential bugs.  Note that recently I fixed a potential duplicate entry
cause (which might have occurred only in very special cases and thus
matches the "randomly and heavy loaded servers" assumption
(see ITS#1219).  You might want to try with HEAD cvs code, or at least
try to add those changes to releae code.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati    mailto:ando@sys-net.it
Developer, SysNet s.n.c.   http://www.sys-net.it