Re: Problems with 2.0.11

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 08:43:24AM -0700, Todd Lyons wrote:
> If this plaintext message is shown as an attachment, your MS mailer is broken.
> begin  Patrick von der Hagen quotation:
> >access to * by domain=irams1\.ira\.uka\.de read
> >	by domain=localhost read
> >	by domain=irams1 read
> >	by domain=i09pc1*\.atis\.uni-karlsruhe\.de read
> >but those hosts fail to access it. They work however, if I set
> >defaultaccess to read.
> >Surprisingly, the same config works on the master but fails on the
> >slave. The master is 2.0.11 on debian-linux, the slave is 2.0.11 on
> >Solaris 8.
>
> It seems that you are expecting the resolver to do some of the work for
> you.  irams1 != irams1.atis.uni-karlsruh.de.  Or have you already tried
> specifying the FQDN and it didn't work?
Well, there is domain irams1.ira.uka.de as well as irams1.
I tried it first with the FQDN, adding "irams1" was a rather desperate
attempt, because I didn't have a better idea. :-(

I've been told that perhaps I didn't include the libraries required for
Reverse-Lookups. Not sure if it is the rigth hint, but I will
investigate it after the weekend.

--
CU,
   Patrick.