this is structure of data under ldap storage.
I have like around 100,000 organizations. each org like 4 folders.

This is the sequence of how loaded the data.

#1 : loaded all the organization with 4 folders.
#2 : then added the users under "people".

Problem description:

I am using the following command to search

ldapsearch -h host -p port -b "dc=domain" "(objectclass=*)"
"objectclass"

it prints out dn of

dn: o=organization,dc=domain
dn: ou=people,o=organization,dc=domain
dn: ou=other unit,o=organization,dc=domain
dn: ou=other unit,o=organization,dc=domain
dn: ou=other unit,o=organization,dc=domain

but not the dn of user under ou=people.

but if I use command like

ldapsearch -h host -p port -b "o=organization, dc=domain"
"(objectclass=*)" "objectclass"

it prints out..

dn: o=organization,dc=domain
dn: ou=people,o=organization,dc=domain
dn: ou=other unit,o=organization,dc=domain
dn: ou=other unit,o=organization,dc=domain
dn: ou=other unit,o=organization,dc=domain
dn: uid=user1,ou=people,o=organization,dc=domain

I am hoping some could explain why this is happening.

Is this any thing related on how or sequence used to load the data.

slapd.conf looks like...

# Indices to maintain
  index default pres,eq
  index objectClass,uid

cachesize   300000000
dbcachesize 300000000

my file sizes are like ...

-rw-------   1 ldap     ldap    163389440 Jul 12 13:29 dn2id.gdbm
-rw-------   1 ldap     ldap    243923975 Jul 12 15:14 id2entry.gdbm
-rw-------   1 ldap     ldap      24584 Jul 12 13:29 nextid.gdbm

appreciate any help in understanding the problem...
regards