Replication problem

Hello!

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.0.11. The replication from the master to the slave
LDAP-server is working. But if I change something at the slave the changes
are made directly at the slave, and are not referred to the master. Because
I found two different documentations I tried the following two entries (of
course in two different tries) in slapd.conf:

updateref      ldap://ldap.webonomics.de

referral        ldap://ldap.webonomics.de

ldap.webonomics.de is the master-server and the updateref or referral was
put into the slapd.conf at the slave-side. But the effect ist like above
described. Maybe someone has a hint what's going wrong.

Best regards,
Daniel