Re: Referral LDAP URL and slash after hostport

Konstantin Chuguev wrote:

> Hi Michael and All,
>
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>
> > When using (patched) python-ldap with OpenLDAP 2.0.x libs and I'm
> > trying to access
> > ldap://ldap.surfnet.nl/c=BE
> > I get back the referral LDAP URL
> > ldap://tor.dante.org.uk:1389??base
> >
> > That's almost ok. But the slash after hostport is missing. Is that
> > intentional? IMHO it should be
> > ldap://tor.dante.org.uk:1389/??base
> >

> I had a talk with the ldap.surfnet.nl manager, Henny Bekker. There seems
> to be a bug in their directory server. Henny told me they put the
> correct data for referrals, but they get changed in LDAP responces. I
> wasn't entirely convinced in the fact, until you got the same results...
>
> Anyway, they are going to migrate from their old server. They are
> considering OpenLDAPv2.

I've uploaded the root.ldif of the DIRECT project to my local
OpenLDAP 2.0.11 as well and it seems to work right. Sorry, I did not
expect the problem to be limited to ldap.surfnet.nl. (Since OpenLDAP
2 is not able to hold a root naming context I have suffix directives
for all national referral entries in slapd.conf).

> P.S. Michael, could you try ldap.nameflow.net (root NC) for your
> referral testing.

That also seems to work quite ok with python-ldap built against
OpenLDAP 2.

Ciao, Michael.