Re: openldap with W2K

rbankhead@texas-adventist.org wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering if any of you have tried to get authentication to a W2K
> machine/domain with OpenLDAP.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Richard

I heard from microsoft people that W2K could not authenticate user from
a directory other than AD !?. Authentication on W2K is kind of a black
box (LSA) that is directly link to AD and could not be redirected to
openldap for example. I heard also about problems with SID and other
services that AD provides like profile managment ... that could not be
served by other ldap directory .

Again, this is what I heard, it might be untrue ?, any comment on this ?
--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email: