Re: LDAP status info with root DSA in openLdap

Mikael Grehn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in openLdap1.x.x I used the ldapSearch tool with command-line:
>
>             ldapsearch.exe -s base -b cn=monitor
> 'objectclass=*'
> to get some info about my running ldap server.
>
> I tried the same search on my new openldap2.0.8 server and got
> "Error No Such Object"?
>
> Is the monitor rootDSA object removed in openLdap2.x.x?

There was some code, which required to manually change
an #ifdef in include/ldap_defaults.h about
SLAPD_MONITOR_DN; however that code is completely
broken. At present I started working on the subject. It will
be completely reworked. You may find some hints in an old
posting,

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200009/msg00031.html

Hints are welcomed, as the work is right at the beginning
and we've plenty of time to come out with a solution that
fits most of the users' needs. In the following days I'll post
a message on openldap-devel apout the solution I'm going
to implement. Suggestions are welcome.

> How can I get the rootDSA info. from openLdap2.0.8?

At present there's no way.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it