Re: LDAP status info with root DSA in openLdap

Mikael Grehn wrote:

> Is the monitor rootDSA object removed in openLdap2.x.x?

AFAIK there's no monitor entry CN=MONITOR in OpenLDAP 2.0.x.

> How can I get the rootDSA info. from openLdap2.0.8?

The root DSE can be read with base DN "" and search scope base.

Example:

ldapsearch -s base -b "" "(objectclass=*)" namingContexts

Note: You have to explicitly request the attributes you want to
read.

OpenLDAP 2.0.x also implements special attribute types + and * to
request all operational attributes as defined in:
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-opattrs-06.txt

Ciao, Michael.