Re: ldapi and ldaps

At 10:23 AM 7/9/2001, Joseph A. Rank wrote:
>Can anyone point me to some documentation on the ldapi and ldaps
>schemes?

Neither of these have any administrator document... and no
formal specification either.  They are both experimental.

ldapi:// is LDAP over (local) IPC.  Currently the only IPC
mechanism is Unix domain (PF_LOCAL) streams.

ldaps:// is LDAP over SSL (Secure Socket Layer).  It is
deprecated in favor of LDAPv3's Start TLS.