Re: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org

Amit Chaffee wrote:

> I have my server set to only allow users to access the directory after
> they've authenticated. Outlook Express works fine with this, but Netscape
> and Mozilla clients have trouble logging in.
>
> what do I need to do to allow Netscape and Mozilla clients to gain access
> to my directory with a username and password? Which attributes do these
> clients need access to to authenticate? (I ask this because I see in the
> logging information that searches to authenticate using the "mail"
> attribute.) Also, what would users need to put in the User ID field: DN,
> mail, uid?

By default, you need to put the entire "mail" attribute, e.g. in your case

    amit@ls.net

However you can change the default behavior as described in

    http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?_highlightWords=netscape&file=138

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it