Re: I'm puzzled (problem with ACLs)

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
>
> >         access to dn=".*, ou=assistants, dc=logilab, dc=fr" by * write
> >         access to dn=".*, ou=assistants, dc=logilab, dc=fr" by dn="^$$" write
> >         access to dn=".*, ou=assistants, dc=logilab, dc=fr" by dn="" write
> >         access to dn=".*, ou=assistants, dc=logilab, dc=fr" attr=status by * write
> >
> > but none of the above will work. OTOH,
> >
> >         access to * by * write
>
> trim spaces between commas ',' and the following attribute type
> in DNs when writing ACLs (actually, acls use normalized DNs):
>
> access to dn=".*,ou=assistants,dc=logilab,dc=fr" by * write

Thanks a lot, that works. My problem was that I'm using openldap-1.2.9 and
didn't want to use the only LDAP Admin Guide available on-line at
openldap.org for it describes version 2.x. Hence I used the LDAP howto
from the LinuxDoc project that gives an example with whitespaces...

I'm cc'ing the author, Luiz Malere (Hi there!), that did a very nice job
of writing this useful LDAP-HOWTO.

Thanks all !

--
Nicolas Chauvat