openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org

I have my server set to only allow users to access the directory after
they've authenticated. Outlook Express works fine with this, but Netscape
and Mozilla clients have trouble logging in.

what do I need to do to allow Netscape and Mozilla clients to gain access
to my directory with a username and password? Which attributes do these
clients need access to to authenticate? (I ask this because I see in the
logging information that searches to authenticate using the "mail"
attribute.) Also, what would users need to put in the User ID field: DN,
mail, uid?

Thanks for any help.

Amit