Re: PAM/LDAP performance problem

Adam Tauno Williams wrote

Did you setup you indexes before you loaded the data? Do dbb files exist for the index you think you should have? This really sounds (IMHO) like a flounces index on objectclass. Might not hurt to rebuild the index and see what happens.

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.
Grand Rapids, MI. 49505

I've experimented a little bit with indexes, that's right. But few minutes ago I just dropped the Database, deleted all LDBM files and imported it again from an (formally exported) LDIF file. By that all index files have been recreated:

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            6 Jul  5 17:33 NEXTID
-rw-------    1 root     root      3235840 Jul  5 17:32 cn.gdbm
-rw-------    1 root     root      2928640 Jul  5 17:32 dn.gdbm
-rw-------    1 root     root      2785329 Jul  5 17:32 dn2id.gdbm
-rw-------    1 root     root      2400264 Jul  5 17:33 domain.gdbm
-rw-------    1 root     root      1872922 Jul  5 17:32 gid.gdbm
-rw-------    1 root     root      1699877 Jul  5 17:32 homedirectory.gdbm
-rw-------    1 root     root        57356 Jul  5 17:32 id2children.gdbm
-rw-------    1 root     root      8007680 Jul  5 17:32 id2entry.gdbm
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root      6371824 Jul  5 14:19 id2entry.ldif
-rw-------    1 root     root       182312 Jul  5 17:32 objectclass.gdbm
-rw-------    1 root     root      2146835 Jul  5 17:32 uid.gdbm

No effect, it seems now even more slowly as before....

Any other idea?

Thanks

Stefan Boihs