openLDAP 2.0.7 memory leak under solaris 2.8

Hi All,

A while ago I wrote to this group about experiencing memory leaks when using openLDAP 2.0.7 under solaris 2.8. ( The very same installation is fine under 2.6 ). The last time I ran it slapd had gobbled up over 300 Mbyte of real memory with no sign of abating before I killed it off. Several patches have been applied to the 2.8 OS here but the problem still persists.

Does anyone have any idea if the later openLDAP releases fix this or if there's a fix on the way from Sun. I've had a look around the FAQ'o'matic, but the issue has never seemed to have been resolved as far as I can see.

thanks,

-ian.

Ian C. Smith,
e-mail: i.c.smith@liverpool.ac.uk