From: Michael Schacht Hansen [mailto:msh@cursum.com]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 6:44 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Custom Schema and MS ADSI

Hi,

I have been able to follow several threads where people have tried to
access custom classes and attributes with Microsoft ADSI. I have not
seen any solution to the problem yet. I have tried almost every possible
combination. My questions are:

1. Is there anybody who has actually accessed custom attributes and
classes from ADSI (for instance with VB)?

2. How do you get ADSI to discover the schema? In my case all my custom
classes are missing, but also classes who are not in the core schema,
like inetOrgPerson.

3. As I have understood it, OpenLDAP 2.0 exposes the schema as described
in LDAP v3; I am able to browse the schema and custom classes with other
clients like "gq". So who is violating the protocol? Is it the ADSI or
is it OpenLDAP?

4. Is it possible to define the schema in the registry of the client
machine? If so, could somebody point to a description of how this is
done?

I would really like to hear from anyone who has been able to read custom
attributes through VBScript and ADSI. If they would send me a pointer to
some example code, it would make my day.

Thanks in advance,

/Michael Schacht Hansen