Re: More on referrals in 2.0.11

> From:  "Chris Garrigues" <cwg-oldap-sw@deepeddy.com>
> Date:  Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:46:47 -0500
>
> --==_Exmh_-1758320603P
>
> > From:  Michael =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6der?= <michael@stroeder.com>
> > Date:  Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:03:53 +0200
> >
> > Same with my LDAP application based on python-ldap. I tried patched
> > python-ldap linked against OpenLDAP 2.0.7. The exception object
> > (Pythonism) containing the referral LDAP URL returned a malformed
> > LDAP URL (with DN but without trailing slash after host name).
> > Linked against OpenLDAP 1.2.x this just works fine.
> >
> > Did not have the time to track this down with recent version though.
>
> Nice to know I'm not alone.

I managed to get it working by forcing perl-ldap to bind using V3 of the
protocol.  It seems that the server returns the wrong thing when it's called
using V2.  When I did that, the references method started working and I didn't
have to parse the reference out of the error message.  The code is cleaner
now, but it was a pain getting to this point.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.