Re: IANA Assign OID

Daniel Cheah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just got my IANA number from IANA
> for example 10012
>
> So it is my organization OID is 1.0.0.1.2?
>
> then I will have to assign my own arc under this number , right?
>
> Please help

no ,

read http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/schema.html about oids, it says:

Just fill out the
IANA form at http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/enterprise.pl and your official
OID will be sent to you usually within a few days. Your
base OID will be something like 1.3.6.1.4.1.X were X is an integer.

so your private oids will be in 1.3.6.1.4.1.10012
then below it you could add anything you want
or follow openldap advices:

Table 6.2: Example OID
                                                        hierarchy
                                              OID

Assignment
                                              1.1
                                                        Organization's
OID
                                              1.1.1
                                                            SNMP
Elements
                                              1.1.2
                                                            LDAP
Elements
                                              1.1.2.1

AttributeTypes
                                              1.1.2.1.1

myAttribute
                                              1.1.2.2

ObjectClasses
                                              1.1.2.2.1

myObjectClass

--
Jehan Procaccia
Institut National des Telecommunications| Email: