Re: observation/question on .dbb's

"Dan Shriver" <dshriver@sharemedia.com> wrote...
> Has anyone else observed .dbb's being "corrupted" when you copy
> FROM a live .dbb (earlier I was shutting down slapd/slurpd when
> I copied ONTO the working .dbb files, but I figured copying FROM
> them was ok while it was running (provided I wasn't doing any
> add/delete/modifies at the time (I'm running a test system so I
> can be sure that no one other than me is doing modifications))?
> I was getting really flaky results and then I cleaned up my .dbb
> (removed all entries I added) and only preformed copying (to and
> from the working .dbb's) when slapd/slurpd were down.  Now
> everything works as it should.

yes. as i allready said, i had the same problem with dbb files. i'm sure
too, that there was _no_ add/del/mod request at the time i copied the db
files. nevertheless the dbb files were useless after i copied them. but.. i
think there were modification requests _before_ i copied the dbb files, and
i didn't shut down slapd in the meantime.. might this be a problem..? (like
inappropriate nextid.dbb file, which is updated when slapd is terminated
AFAIK) i never tried to run slapd in ro mode, as suggested by the admin
guide, btw..

daniel