Re: How to administrate a high volume Openldap

Daniel Cheah wrote:

> Wednesday, June 27, 2001, 10:05:51 PM, you wrote:
>
> MS> Why do you have to browse all the entries?
>
> MS> The LDAP client used for administration should support
> MS> 1. searching one node and adding an entry below this node and
> MS> 2. searching one entry, editing this entry.
>
> so you are saying that no one will ever browse through the whole
> database in one glance? Ok , so I will have to do a a range of search
> and modify the selected values.

I did not say that no one will ever browse your LDAP repository. I
said that it's not a requirement for maintaining the LDAP entries.

What to do and which things are possible mainly depend very much on
your DIT layout. And you can start religious wars about flat vs.
tree DIT.

Ciao, Michael.