Re: LDAP v3, Ldif file format

"Stefano Galdo" <Stefano.Galdo@valtech.co.uk> wrote...
> Sorry I ve made a mistake in my last mail, but the file I am using is
that!
> Can anyone tell me also where can I find a reference about the ldap v3
> schema?
>
> dn: cn=Stefanog, ou=People, o=mycompany.co.uk, c=uk
> ObjectClass: top
> ObjectClass: person
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> mail: Stefano.Galdo@mycompany.co.uk
> sn: Galdo
> cn: Stefanog
> userpassword: secret
>
> The error I ger is <Root error: [LDAP: error code 65 - Object Class
> Violation]>

the ldif seems to be ok. did you include inetorgperson.schema in your
slapd.conf..?

and.. http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/schema.html offers a small
description of openldap's schema specification. have a look at your
~/etc/openldap/schema directory (the files in it..) to see what
objectclasses, attributes have "native" support..

daniel