[Fwd: slurpd starting problem]

Hi,

a while ago I posted a problem to this list and didn't make the result
of the debugging available. Now I get mails by people encountering the
same problem. So I decided to post it here.

Hope it helps.

bye!
--
Roland Stigge

Epigenomics AG                              Kastanienallee 24
www.epigenomics.com                              10435 Berlin
--- Begin Message ---
Christian Schneider wrote:

> Hi Roland,
> a while ago you reported a problem with starting slurpd causing
> Error: copy_replog (3486): Directory  is not writable
>
> I'm encountering the same problem, how did you solve it? :-)

I looked into the source code and realized that between "Directory" and
"is" would HAVE to be a string! The only reason could be a
system/library failure! I guessed it was because we upgraded to OpenLDAP
2.0.7 (original Debian packages) but didn't update the libs. So it was a
linkage problem.

Simple: Just try to ./configure and make your openldap! :-)

So, ich hoffe, das hilft... <g>

bye!
--
Roland Stigge

Epigenomics AG                              Kastanienallee 24
www.epigenomics.com                              10435 Berlin

--- End Message ---