slapd file for: Re: partial replication

I think I've set my slapd.conf wrong:

I'm doing one slapd.conf for slapd and one for each slurpd doing
a partial replication.

Unfortunately I no longer seem to be able to add/delete/search
entries.  I get "invalid credentials" (on add/delete) even
though I'm using -x and can see that what I'm entering is the
rootdn rootpw.

what I started off with was:

database        ldbm
cachesize 1100
dbnolocking
dbnosync
suffix          "cn=SilverSpring,cn=MD,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com"
rootdn         "cn=Manager,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com"
rootpw         secret
replica host=umc71.sharemedia.com:389 bindmethod=simple
credentials=en1cr!pt
binddn="cn=MasterReplicant,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com"
replogfile /usr/MASTER_LDAP_LOG/SSslapd.replog
directory      /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm
index  cn      eq,sub,pres
index  objectClass     eq

database        ldbm
cachesize 1100
dbnolocking
dbnosync
suffix          "cn=Rockville,cn=MD,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com"
rootpw          secret
replica host=efx1d.sharemedia.com:389 bindmethod=simple
credentials=en1cr!pt
binddn="cn=MasterReplicant,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com"
replogfile /usr/MASTER_LDAP_LOG/Rslapd.replog
directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm
index   cn      eq,sub,pres
index   objectClass     eq

Then I tried (just for simplicity) commenting out all of the
second db group of directives.  Then I tried filtering out the
common lines between the two, reactivating the second group of
db directives (except for the common stuff that I also commented
out on the first group) and putting the following lines at the
very end.

rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=SharemediaTest,dc=com"
rootpw          secret
directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm
index   cn      eq,sub,pres
index   objectClass     eq

I still got "invalid credentials" everytime I tried to modify,
and no objects when I tried to search (even though I believe
+133 objects currently exist).

Another possiblity exists that something slapd relies on isn't
working correctly.  I enabled debugging "./slapd -d -1
&>slapOut" and looked at the file finding the following criptic
lines:

ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 12 contents:
ber_dump: buf=0x0814eae8 ptr=0x0814eae8 end=0x0814eaf4 len=12
  0000:  02 01 01 60 07 02 01 03  04 00 80 00
...`........
ber_get_next
ldap_read: want=1 error=Resource temporarily unavailable
ber_get_next on fd 9 failed errno=11 (Resource temporarily
unavailable)
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=1 tvp=NULL
do_bind

What resource is unavailable?

I do not have the replicas (or slurpd) up... so I am not
expecting replication, I'd simply like to be able to search and
add/delete as I was previously doing successfully.