RE: LDAP, Apache and RADIUS/TACACS+

> I have started with this in Apache:
>
>  AuthType Basic
>  AuthName ldap
>  AuthLDAPURL ldap://priory.rnib.org.uk/ou=People, o=rnib?cn
>  require valid-user

Very similar to my working .htaccess file:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Private"
AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap/ou=People,dc=denverdata,dc=com
require valid-user

> (Priory is the name of my test machine. Apache is running on the same
> machine, but this will not be the case for the production system).
>
> Although I can add to the database (something that has taken
> several months
> for me to get working, although I've been working more off than on with
> regards to this) the above isn't working.

What kind of behavior/errors are you getting? Does the browser prompt you
for username/password when you access the restricted area of your web? What
does your httpd error log say? What about slapd log?

Are you getting any lllooonnnggg delays after you enter username/password?
If so, make sure your http url is targeting a specific file and not a
directory (i.e., http://server/index.html instead of http://server)

> Basically, do I need to specify "userPassword" in the ldif format
> file, and
> what kind of encryption does auth_ldap support? ie, should I prefix with
> {crypt}, {sha} , {md5} accordingly? I have looked in the documentation for
> auth_ldap, but it is scant.

My userPassword values are stored as {crypt}.