Re: partial replication & slurpd

ohasooo wrote:

> hm.. where's your problem with locks..? :o)

No problem. You only have to del with them.

> and.. to use the ldap-clients, you'll not have to run a master.. it's
> sufficient to copy the client-binaries.. (and run them with the
> appropriate -h param)
> no need of a "master" in common sense, that's what i wanted to say..

Sure. I didn't start the talk about using slurpd without a master.
If you want to use slurpd for any reason, you'd better do it with
a master, though.

> basically i'd prefer the one-shot mode too.. (depends wether a delay
> of half an hour or a quater matters or not..)

In this case I don't see the difference between slurpd in one shot
and ldapmodify :). It's really like using a machinegun to shoot
oneself in the foot: a handgun hurts enough ;)

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it