Re: Linux Autofs + LDAP

On Wednesday 20 June 2001 01:13 pm, T. Kerkman wrote:
> I thought this to be correct also Brian, but I am not sure at what
> kernel release this happens.  I say this because I am on RH6.2 (Zoot)
> kernel 2.2.14-5.0 on an i686.  Autofs works fine without a ldap entry,
> but when I add the ldap: entry in the auto.master files.  Autofs does
> not start automount, but I do not get an error either??
>
> I am going to load up a 7.0 version that I have, and try it there, but I
> need to go all the way to 7.1 to make this work, please someone let me
> know??

You may just want to try building the latest autofs from kernel.org and
installing that on RH6.2.  I know that in RH7 and above Nalin wrote a special
binary to parse the ldap entries instead of using a shell script.  So the
upgrade to the latest autofs may not be the full solution.  I am just not
sure.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Brian