Re: Newbie problems.

Hello,

It isn't a good conception to have two root DNs.
I don't know whether it will work.
Two suffixes are possible but mostly not administrable.

But I think this is not your problem...
(comment it out)

I belief the LDIF-File don't should contain a newline in
the beginning and no tabstops (maybe this cause the problem).
Every entry must be separated by just one newline.

You must create (if you have not) the "/var/lib/ldap" directory.

Select a Password, empty passwords often cause problems.

Then it should be possibly to add it via:
	ldapadd -D "cn=Manager, dc=imagestream, dc=com" -W < mydata.ldif
(I suppose your first root DN.)
Next you will be prompted for entering your Password (the "W" option).

If it fails:
What is the error message from the ldapadd command ?

Suggestion:
Do you like to use OpenLDAP 2 and switching schemacheck on.
:)

Message from Tue 19 June 2001 15:28:

> > Richard June wrote:
> > I'm trying to configure OpenLDAP for my network, I'm using Redhat 7.0 w/
> > OpenLDAP 1.2  I configured it according to the OpenLDAP 1.2 Quickstart
> > (http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/180.html). I can't add the
> > initial  adds, attached is the output of the slapd when I try to add,
> > and ldapadd, Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Not a blank ldiff, here is the ldif I'm creating and my slapd.conf file.
> and yes, I really do have a blank passwd at the moment

Oliver Egginger
FH Giessen-Friedberg
DV-Zentrum
Wiesenstrasse 14