Build error 2.0.11 on Compaq Alpha OSF1

Hello,

I am trying to configure and build version 2.0.11 for Alpha/OSF1. Configure
detects that this platform does not support the snprintf family of
functions. But when I want to compile the code the linker complains about
unresolved externals to snprintf. I looked into the code and I saw that some
of the source files do have #ifdef's for i.e. HAVE_VSNPRINTF and will use an
alternative instead (mainly the libraries have the #ifdef's). But other code
does not have that check (like servers/slapd/daemon.c). Is this a bug or am
I doing something wrong ?

regards,
Herman Meerlo