Two issues, ldapadd/slapadd and slapd thread problem

Hello,

I've installed openldap 2.0.11, tested like it was written in
QuickGuide, everything looks fine.

1. So, I've downloaded latest migration-tools, I want to move only my
/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow into LDAP, so I've used migration-passwd.pl
/etc/passwd passwd.ldif (I've take one record and save it as
passwd.ldif.one

After using ldapadd on that file I've got:

[anubis@topaz posao]$ ldapadd -x -h localhost -D
"cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=org" -w password -f passwd.ldif.one
adding new entry "uid=username,ou=People,dc=domain,dc=org"
ldap_add: No such object
 matched DN: "dc=domain,dc=org"

ldif_record() = 32

(on the end of message there's same output but with -d 1)

Ofcourse, when I take slapadd -l passwd.ldif.one everything gets
injected in LDAP (after restarting slapd).

I belive it's something about schemas, currently I'm using:

include  /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include  /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include  /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema

2. Second problem is that threaded slapd doesn't work as expected.

    I'v put whole /etc/shadow in ldap (via slapadd, becouse ldapadd
doesn't work for me), restart slapd, and everything is searchable,
viewable, ...

   So, I've fireup gq (LDAP browser,...) and while he's on (anonymouse
bind), I cannot access slapd in any way, nor with ldapsearch, nor
anything, so, i fire ldapsearch, and everythings is in wait state, I
quit gq, and instantly after that I'm having results from my ldapsearch.

Is threading safe in slapd? Should I disable threading?

Below is results from ldapadd with -d 1:

ldap_create
ldap_bind_s
ldap_simple_bind_s
ldap_sasl_bind_s
ldap_sasl_bind
ldap_send_initial_request
ldap_new_connection
ldap_int_open_connection
ldap_connect_to_host
ldap_new_socket: 4
ldap_prepare_socket: 4
ldap_connect_to_host: Trying 127.0.0.1:389
ldap_connect_timeout: fd: 4 tm: -1 async: 0
ldap_ndelay_on: 4
ldap_is_sock_ready: 4
ldap_ndelay_off: 4
ldap_int_sasl_open: topaz.ho.com
ldap_delayed_open successful, ld_host is (null)
ldap_send_server_request
ber_flush: 49 bytes to sd 4
ldap_result msgid 1
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=1, all=1
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
wait4msg (infinite timeout), msgid 1
wait4msg continue, msgid 1, all 1
** Connections:
* host: localhost  port: 389  (default)
  refcnt: 2  status: Connected
  last used: Mon Jun 18 20:57:06 2001

** Outstanding Requests:
 * msgid 1,  origid 1, status InProgress
   outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
** Response Queue:
   Empty
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=1, all=1
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
do_ldap_select
read1msg: msgid 1, all 1
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 12 contents:
ldap_read: message type bind msgid 1, original id 1
ber_scanf fmt ({iaa) ber:
read1msg:  0 new referrals
read1msg:  mark request completed, id = 1
request 1 done
res_errno: 0, res_error: <>, res_matched: <>
ldap_free_request (origid 1, msgid 1)
ldap_free_connection
ldap_free_connection: refcnt 1
ldap_parse_result
ber_scanf fmt ({iaa) ber:
ber_scanf fmt (}) ber:
ldap_msgfree
adding new entry "uid=username,ou=People,dc=domani,dc=org"
ldap_add
ldap_send_initial_request
ldap_send_server_request
ber_flush: 442 bytes to sd 4
ldap_result msgid 2
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=2, all=1
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
wait4msg (infinite timeout), msgid 2
wait4msg continue, msgid 2, all 1
** Connections:
* host: localhost  port: 389  (default)
  refcnt: 2  status: Connected
  last used: Mon Jun 18 20:57:06 2001

** Outstanding Requests:
 * msgid 2,  origid 2, status InProgress
   outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0
** Response Queue:
   Empty
ldap_chkResponseList for msgid=2, all=1
ldap_chkResponseList returns NULL
do_ldap_select
read1msg: msgid 2, all 1
ber_get_next
ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 27 contents:
ldap_read: message type add msgid 2, original id 2
ber_scanf fmt ({iaa) ber:
read1msg:  0 new referrals
read1msg:  mark request completed, id = 2
request 2 done
res_errno: 0, res_error: <>, res_matched: <>
ldap_free_request (origid 2, msgid 2)
ldap_free_connection
ldap_free_connection: refcnt 1
ldap_parse_result