Partitioning questions II

Has anyone set up partitioning successfully?

Is a multi-master set up necessary for partitioning?
Does partitioning follow referrals (to determine where to
add/delete/search/modify) if not what should I use?

Why (after setting up referrals (which I am assuming allow the
master to find/modify info on the slaves containing delegated
info), and using ldapmodify with -C flag ("chase referrals") do
I get:

	adding new entry...
	ldap_add: Referral
	matched DN: ...

But nothing is added to the slave (or the master- not that it
should go to the master)?