Re: absolutely frustrated

Quoting Ron Chmara <ron@Opus1.COM>:

> On Saturday, June 16, 2001, at 01:01  AM, Craig White wrote:14
> > I have spent far too long trying to set up ldap on my computer
> > and I'm still not
> > getting anywhere so I have to ask some basic questions -
> > sorry... yes, I have
> > greatly worked thru the Faq-O-matic / man pages / quickstart guides.
>
> Sorry to hear about your frustrations. The first part of the
> learning curve is usually the hardest.
>
> > slapd.conf at bottom but I don't think that it matters here.
> > I think that I've finally got it set up and working and when I
> type...
> >   ldapsearch -L -b "dc=azapple,dc=com" -W "(objectclass=*)"
> > system asks...
> >    Enter LDAP Password:
>
> As it should, if you're using -W. Since your ACL allows all
> access, you  shouldn't *have* to use it to search for
> objectclasses. Make sure that passwordless lookups work.
>
> > I simply press enter (typing 'secret' or root password same result)
> >    ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute
>
> This may be obvious (or not)... do you have any records in
> there? At the bare minimum, you should have at least one for the
> top record.
>
> I also noticed that you have two rootdn's:
> rootdn		"o=Azapple,c=US"
> rootdn		"cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com"
>
> And I'm not sure this is supported(?). Try commenting out the
> second one, and making sure your directory has an entry for:
> dn: o=Azapple,c=US
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: organization
>
> And then run:
> ldapsearch -L -b "o=Azapple,c=US"  "(objectclass=*)"
>
> You should get back the one record.

--------------
I can't believe that I can work it this long and still cannot have any
success...

ldapsearch -L -b "o=Azapple,c=us" -x
version: 1

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
No such object (32)

# numResponses: 1

----
per suggestions, my slapd.conf is...

# $OpenLDAP: pkg/ldap/servers/slapd/slapd.conf,v 1.8.8.4 2000/08/26 17:06:18
kurt Exp $
#
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema
#
access to * by * read
#
pidfile /var/run/slapd.pid
#
database ldbm
suffix          "dc=azapple,dc=com"
directory /var/lib/ldap
rootdn          "o=Azapple,c=US"
#rootdn         "cn=Manager,dc=azapple,dc=com"
rootpw          secret
index cn,sn,uid pres,eq,sub
index objectClass pres,eq
dn:     o=Azapple,c=US
objectclass:    top
objectclass:    organization

This mail sent through IMP: barney.azapple.com