Re: Another problem with ldapadd and/or ldif file

Dave Lewney wrote:

Joshua Poling-Goldenne wrote:

The original error from my earlier post is fixed now (it was a permissions
issue), but now I have another one when trying to add entries at the uid
level.

ldif file (joshtest.ldif):

dn: uid=jdawson,ou=development,dc=eswoosh,dc=com
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
cn: Jerald Dawson
sn: Dawson
givenName: Jerald
uid: jdawson
mail: jdawson@eswoosh.com
telephoneNumber: 847-481-4910

Now I get a new error:

sh-2.04$ ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=eswoosh,dc=com" -w secret -f
joshtest.ldif -x
adding new entry "uid=jdawson,ou=development,dc=eswoosh,dc=com"
ldap_add: Object class violation
        additional info: attribute not allowed

ldif_record() = 65

Any suggestions?

Joshua Poling-Goldenne
josh@eswoosh.com

ObjectClass organizationalPerson MUST have attribute person defined.

there is no attribute 'person'. and, it said 'attribute not allowed', not 'missing attribute'..
the problem is, that 'inetOrgPerson' (which "includes" superior 'organizationalPerson' and 'person') doesn't support 'uid'. remove this attribute, or add another objectclass, that allows this attribute.(or modify 'inetOrgPerson', what i don't recommend.) e.g. use objectclass 'uidObject', which just supports 'uid' and nothing else.

daniel
Tiefnig Daniel
Server-Technology

INFONOVA IT GesmbH