Installation problem on HP

Hi,

I am running into a problem installing OpenLDAP on an HP-UX 11.0 machine.  I
get the following errors when running the "./configure" command:

.
.
.
checking for _beginthread... no
checking for pthread.h... no
checking for mach/cthreads.h... no
checking for pth.h... no
checking for thread.h... no
checking for synch.h... no
checking for lwp/lwp.h... no
configure: warning: no suitable thread support, disabling threads
checking for db.h... no
configure: warning: could not find suitable LDBM backend
configure: error: select appropriate LDBM options or disable

Specifically, I am using this command to install OpenLDAP as it gets me
further along in the install than any of the other command possibilities
I've tried:

	env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib" ./configure
--with-ldbm-api=berkeley

In addition, there is this entry in the "config.log" that appears many times
throughout the log file:

configure:3636: cc -o conftest -g -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib conftest.c  1>&5
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (conftest.o) was
dete
cted. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.

I have BerkeleyDB.3.2 installed in the /opt directory and this path is in
the $PATH statement in my .profile.  I've tried the platform hints to no
avail and I've looked in the list archives and all of the solutions that
match my particular problem do not help.  I am presently attempting to
install openldap 2.0.9.  Is there a compatibility issue between the version
of BerkeleyDB I am using and the version of OpenLDAP I am attempting to
install?

Thanks,

==
Jon Houg