Re: Build fails on Darwin

if i remember correctly (i did this a few weeks ago just for testing) i
got it built using::

./configure --without-threads --disable-dynamic

i think i had it throw errors when it came to the linking stage because
the shared library handling in OS X seems to be kind of braindead (like
e.g. one big flat namespace for symbol names for the application so it
fails if two modules export the same symbol name etc.)

I tried the above, but no change, alas! Same error, stops in the same place.

Now you would think that specifying --without-threads it wouldn't even try to fool with libldap_r; shouldn't it be skipping this entirely? (I don't really understand what all the pieces do.) Can I hack up configure.in, or configure, or even the Makefiles, to get past this?

ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format
util-int.lo definition of common _ldap_int_resolv_mutex (size 4)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [libldap_r.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-common] Error 1
make: *** [all-common] Error 1