Re[2]: ldap authentication howto?

Hey dino,

    Try 3DES?

--
 Kevin

Tuesday, May 29, 2001, 3:22:35 AM, you wrote:

db> question how do i get ldappasswd or slapdpasswd to use a range of encryption
db> for the password??
db> I look at my shadow file and i see a really long password
db> $1$g.BeRcko$xqHl8fZgjB/bNsvBwrdeB1
db> i know what the above password is...
db> and when i try to use say perl DIGEST::MD5 or DIGEST::SHA1
db> my password is not as long in HEX or base64
db> so what encoding does the shadow file use? and how do i use this when i have
db> ldap running?
db> ----- Original Message -----
db> From: "Peter Peltonen" <peter.peltonen@fivetec.com>
db> To: "openldap-software@openLDAP.org" <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
db> Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 7:21 AM
db> Subject: ldap authentication howto?

>> There must be a FAQ or HOWTO about how to change my Linux box's
db> authentication
>> method to LDAP based?
>>
>> I've managed to scatter a few pieces of information from here and there.
db> Maybe