Re: Problems coding password handling in PERL

Daniel Chester wrote:

>         userPassword:: iwdMwvy4wuTFW/oPB5CPpHvRoCc=
>
> (cleartext was 123happy)

(Reading Perl makes my eyes hurt but I try to answer your question
anyway. ;-)

Actually you stored a clear text password with binary chars. Read
RFC2307 to find out to use the prefix {SHA} followed by
base64-encoded SHA-hashed password. In LDIF your userPassword
attribute should look like:

userPassword: {SHA}iwdMwvy4wuTFW/oPB5CPpHvRoCc=
           ^^^
Note that this is *not* a base64-representation of a binary
attribute value.

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/technote/ldap/pass_sha.html even
does have Perl example.

Ciao, Michael.