Re: Optimizing OpenLDAP pam authentication (it's very slow)

But I no longer have memberUid in my LDAP. Should I index a
nonexistent object?

As my email stated, the PADL migrations scripts create ldif's that use
the memberUid schema, but after some advice from this group I changed
the migrations script to produce grouOfUniqueNames/uniqueMember
schema.
At the point that I was in fact using memberUid's I did have it
indexed and had the exact same performance problem.

Does anyone know the correct "configuration" for nsswitch/pam
authentication? Is it "memberUid" or "grouOfUniqueNames/uniqueMember"
or neither?

--
brought to you by, Matthew Gregg...
one of the friendly folks in the IT Lab.