Re: problems compiling (a respoinse)

> bjt> When I do a ./configure
> bjt> I get the error
> bjt> Could not link with POSIX threads.
> bjt> If I say
> bjt> ./configure --without-threads
> bjt> I get
> bjt> select appropriate LDBM options or disable.
>
> In my case, the config.log showed many thread undefined globals in the test
> link for the BerkeleyDB.  I used the configure without threads, but had set
>
> 	setenv LDFLAGS -lpthread
>
> so that the thread library would be available for resolving those globals.

I tried this, and I still get the same error message. I am using
BerkeleyDB too. I config.log I see the error:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads
configure: failed program was:
#line 8804 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* pthread test headers */
#include <pthread.h>

This error (or ones very similar) shows up several times at the end of the
log. However, /usr/lib/libpthread.a does exist. I have installed pth 1.4.0

Bill Tangren