Re: ldap auth

andrew,

that's odd.

i am not using naming contexts, like nss_base_passwd, but that shouldn't
have any affect on binding to the server...

silly question, but have you compared your /etc/openldap/ldap.conf (used
by openldap utilities), and /etc/ldap.conf (for nss_ldap) to make sure
that the values are the same?

have you tried debugging openldap?  tracing the calls?  my guess is that
it is not even hitting the server, if it can't find it.

must be something with the nss_ldap configuration.

--sasha