Re: ldap auth

authconfig operates on files, so it doesn't matter whether you use RH
openldap rpms or compile and install ldap yourself (as long as
/etc/ldap.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf, and /etc/pam.d files are located where
expected).

to get more help, you will need to provide software versions you have
installed (openldap, nss_ldap, your config, such as /etc/ldap.conf, and
any changes you have made to your files.

--sasha