Re: opendap sdk and ssl

John Luce wrote:

> Where is there documentation on "How-To" use the SSL features in the LDAP
> library to be used by clients ?
>
> In other words, I have an app that uses the ldap library to connect and
> transfer data with the LDAP server. How does one get this app to open an
> LDAP connection that uses SSL, reads and writes from the SSL connection and
> closes the SSL connection.
>
> Any docs anywhere ?

Use:

    ldap_start_tls_s(LDAP *ldap, NULL, NULL);

Worked fine for me. But you have to make sure that you're using LDAPV3,
for
instance by setting the option:

     int version = LDAP_VERSION3;
     ldap_set_option(ldap, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, &version);

after the ldap_init call.

--
Karsten.

+-Bruce Schneier about RAND-tables:----------------------------+
|It lists them in 5 digit groups - 50 on a line and 50 lines on|
|a page ("100097 32533 76520 13568...").  The table goes on for|
|400 pages and exept for  a particular racy section on page 283|
|which reads "69696" makes for a boring read.                  |
begin:vcard
n:Künne;Karsten
tel;cell:+1 516 857 0406
tel;fax:+1 631 444 7073
tel;work:+1 631 444 7048
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.desy.de/~kuenne
org:Renaissance Technologies Corp.
adr;quoted-printable:;;Notkestr. 85=0D=0A22607 Hamburg;Hamburg;;22607;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:kuenne@rentec.com
title:Dr.-Ing.
x-mozilla-cpt:;19264