synchronisation

Hi!

I would like to synnchronise two Ldap Directories. Can
anyone explain me the basic mechanisms of it and
eventualy how it is possible to replicate an OpenLdap
Data base on another server (I've heard of
multi master mode. Is it there a link ? Does openLdap
implement it ?)
Is it possible to synchronise data between, for
example, NDS and OpenLdap, or NDS and Active
Directory?
Is it possible to make an OpenLdap tree be a subtree
of an Active Directory or NDS tree ? How should I do ?

Any suggestion or hint is really welcome

thanks in advance

Laurent