Searching problems

I have a setup like:
ldapRoot---dom1--user list
	  |--dom2--user list

If I search with basedn = ldapRoot, then I get no valid entries found.
However, if I search with basedn=dom1,ldapRoot then I get a listing of
all entries.

Should I not be able to see all branches of the tree below the root,
i.e, the first result is an error?
(I'm binding all the time with rootdn, acl is on * write).

Devdas Bhagat
--
When I'm gone, boxing will be nothing again.  The fans with the cigars and
the hats turned down'll be there, but no more housewives and little men in