Re: autofs and OpenLDAP integration

> We had to patch up the init script to do some primitive parsing of the
> nsswitch.conf file because between files, NIS, and LDAP, there was no
> parsing order and precedence which didn't generate bug reports from
> people who wanted it changed.  If your auto.master isn't in LDAP, you
> don't need to muck with nsswitch.conf at all.

Right now it isn't, but I would like it to be.  That way, I don't need modify
all my clients to use a local auto.master.  I'd like to use automounter:
files ldap  in my nsswitch.conf file.

What would a proper entry for auto.master be so autofs can find it in LDAP?

> However, Luke's recently posted that this is probably the wrong way to
> do it.  We should probably be using nisObject and nisMap objects instead,
> but this would require code changes to the module (which would break any
> installations using the current method, unless we decided to support
> both ways of doing things).

Yes, I saw that post also.  I believe that the Sun client will be looking for
entries in LDAP using nisObject and nisMap.  This might mean that I will need
to duplicate entries in LDAP for the different automounter clients out there.
 My environment is Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX.  Since I just got the
Linux automounter to work, I am now working on the other platforms.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian