Re: AW: how to add a .jpg

Actually, I did it this way:

jpegPhoto:< file:///path/to/file.jpeg

and it embedded the mime encoded jpeg directly into my
database.  I was hoping for a pointer to a path or a
URL as well.

After I did the above, I ended up with something like:

jpegPhoto:: /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAAAAAQABAAD/2wBDABALD
A4MChAODQ4SERATGCgaGBYWGDEjJR0oOjM9PDkzODdASFxOQ.....

in my LDAP database.

www.openldap.org/doc/admin/dbtools.html#The%20LDIF%20text%20entry%20format

> at the end of the document/chapter is an example for
> both possibilities.
> (adding into the db via ldif/base64 or reading from
> file)
>
> this:
>
> jpegPhoto:: /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAAAAAQABAAD/2wBDABALD
>  A4MChAODQ4SERATGCgaGBYWGDEjJR0oOjM9PDkzODdASFxOQ
>  ERXRTc4UG1RV19iZ2hnPk1xeXBkeFxlZ2P/2wBDARESEhgVG
> ^ some free space..
>
> or that:
>
> jpegPhoto:< file:///path/to/file.jpeg
>

> read the docs, folk..
>
> regards,
> daniel

/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD//gBIQ1JFQVRPUjogWFYgVmVyc2lvbiAzLj
> > EwYSAgUmV2

OiAxMi8yOS85NCAgUXVhbGl0eSA9IDc1LCBTbW9vdGhpbmcgPSAwCv/bAEMACA
> > YGBwYFCAcH

BwkJCAoMFA0MCwsMGRITDxQdGh8eHRocHCAkLicgIiwjHBwoNyksMDE0NDQfJz
> > k9ODI8LjM0

Mv/bAEMBCQkJDAsMGA0NGDIhHCEyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMj
> > IyMjIyMjIy

MjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMjIyMv/AABEIAHgAoAMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAfAAABBQEBAQ
> > EBAQAAAAAA

AAAAAQIDBAUGBwgJCgv/xAC1EAACAQMDAgQDBQUEBAAAAX0BAgMABBEFEiExQQ
> > YTUWEHInEU

MoGRoQgjQrHBFVLR8CQzYnKCCQoWFxgZGiUmJygpKjQ1Njc4OTpDREVGR0hJSl
> > NUVVZXWFla

Y2RlZmdoaWpzdHV2d3h5eoOEhYaHiImKkpOUlZaXmJmaoqOkpaanqKmqsrO0tb
> > a3uLm6wsPE

xcbHyMnK0tPU1dbX2Nna4eLj5OXm5+jp6vHy8/T19vf4+fr/xAAfAQADAQEBAQ
> > EBAQEBAAAA

AAAAAQIDBAUGBwgJCgv/xAC1EQACAQIEBAMEBwUEBAABAncAAQIDEQQFITEGEk
> > FRB2FxEyIy

gQgUQpGhscEJIzNS8BVictEKFiQ04SXxFxgZGiYnKCkqNTY3ODk6Q0RFRkdISU
> > pTVFVWV1hZ

WmNkZWZnaGlqc3R1dnd4eXqCg4SFhoeIiYqSk5SVlpeYmZqio6Slpqeoqaqys7
> > S1tre4ubrC

w8TFxsfIycrS09TV1tfY2dri4+Tl5ufo6ery8/T19vf4+fr/2gAMAwEAAhEDEQ
> > A/APHpA7Q+

Ygyp7/0pbd1lwrR5YsF54qUXhdUt1ChF6YqTT7MiUk9WJIz24/8A1VOpLlfU1x
> > pMcltF5fGe

nNXLfS7ZonF2vMffuaESRbe0YH249a0FQ/ZZml69qq2hzOTuYC6TatNOyhhGG4
> > 7fSpl063Xk

qW+pqzIhMigngDOKq3U1w0ywxjy1PJbPalZD5pdx95dCzgVY1GensBUOm3RkuS
> > sEaxo3zE55

NTfZlnQCTn3zVWy/czIew3A8+9PcpbHTRlj3/WpHureFR5kiqcdzWablzAWUbR
> > 6g1kzRTyLv

BESHuTyaYKnfc3n1awB2vcbffBrBaxtZJ3ZNYKK7ZwuQKznhjUkDLt3LGqshJJ
> > zt+lToaqFj

pItA0645fVmk5/viuxtIEit0jRtwUYBz1rylC2eM8d62dJ1u50uYFj5kJ+9GW/
> > lQiJwbPRSp

2/8A16hjH70j2qW0uI721SeIhkcZGKWNP3+P61Rhaw5lwQfpTCmMVbkT0A+6O/
> > tUXl57CmIr

FaYV44FWihznA/OoinGCOKYjxRbjY+5RyRjOegrZ03UPOkRtowuRWH5Dq2VGKu
> > 6aot5QWkGM

5NZSO3Sx3KIZYolChVj5AB61ccvJGVO3GOgrLt9TtAuDIAMYq6dUs/LYrIhOD1
> > NK7MnHyMG8

1PypAImT72MA9OcVtWLpqlsIFiT7S3ALHHTnNcvDHCtyx3bjIR97pzW/YyWyuI
> > PMXcTwQcYH

9KTirmt1y2SM17m6WSURQlljO3fjil09ZDckHGWOcHnH4VbtN1zJOzvujViFA6
> > fWuk8M+Gjq

WoqFU5ds577RWnKyY2Ml7WVuNrMe2RVe7tnVQDlmxzgdK9ivfBMkMQlWPIGOva
> > uXvdEEPDKA

=== message truncated ===