Re: "index delete failed" and "Inappropriate matching"

Do you know what COLLECTIVE actually means in an attribute
definition?  If not, it would be quite unwise to set it.

Collective attributes are not supported in OpenLDAP 2.0.8.
The next release of 2.0 will refuse to accept attributes
defined as COLLECTIVE.

See draft-zeilenga-ldap-collective-00.txt or X.500 for
further information on collective attributes, available
at <http://www.ietf.org/>.

Your problem is that the attribute in question is defined
without an equality matching rule and hence certain operations
(such as add/delete of individual values) is limited.

Kurt